LONDON’S LEADERS EMBRACE SUSTAINABILITY
UK AWARE LONDON OLYMPIA – 17TH & 18TH APRIL 2009
London Leaders will take centre stage at UKAware (www.ukaware.com), Britain’s biggest green consumer lifestyle show, to promote sustainable development in London. The discussion panel: ‘Local to Global: Catalysing change ffrom boardrooms to communities – experiences of the London Leaders’ will take place Friday 17th April, 10.30-11.45am.
Commenting at the time of the London Leaders 2009 launch, the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, said: ‘This year’s team of London Leaders have a wonderful opportunity to make a real difference to our city and I look forward to seeing what they will achieve in 2009. Inspirational individuals can really help to galvanise communities and organisations to make changes for the better and help create a more liveable, pleasant city now and for future generations.’
Founder of UK AWARE, Danny Carnegie, says: “We are so excited to have such huge names at this year’s show and we’re expecting to treble visit numbers on last year and have a fun packed couple of days lined up. We hope that the London Leaders will inspire regular Londoners to make changes small and big that can save money, save energy and save the planet.”
The London Leaders panel at UK AWARE, ‘Local to Global: Catalysing chnage from boardrooms to communities – experiences of the London Leaders’, features 5 of the 16 London Leaders:
- Rob Holdway (Chair) – Director of Giraffe Innovation and Presenter of Channel 4’s Dumped screened last year (Rob’s dumped blog), and he’s a judge on this years Observer Ethical Awards
- Chantal Cooke - Managing Director of Passion for the Planet Radio, the UK’s only radio station providing you with solutions for a green and healthy lifestyle
- Frances Corner - Head of College at London College of Fashion, the UK’s only college to specialise in fashion eductation, research and consultancy. Frances is pioneering the adoption of sustainable and ethical practise into the fashion education arena
- Ben Todd - Executive Director of Arcola Theatre. Ben’s passion is to make the Arcola Theatre carbon neutral and create the world’s first environmental technology incubator in an arts setting
- Richard Featherstone - Regional Development Manager, London Community Recycling Network. Richard was founding Trustee of the national Furniture Recycling Network when it was established in 1989
The London Leaders programme is an initiative of the London Sustainable Development Commission – bringing together London’s leading lights in sustainability, to deliver real change, and inspire others to do the same. The London Leaders programme is delighted to be associated with UK AWARE, seeking to promote positive behaviour change to benefit the local and global environment.
Now in its second year, UK AWARE takes place at London Olympia Two on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th April 2009 between 10am and 6pm.